Whitney Thompson; Plus-size supermodel, spokesperson for NEDA and creator of "Supermodel".

My goal is to encourage and inspire you to celebrate your miraculous, exquisite, and unique body. I want you to resist the negative messages being sold to you by the media. You are beautiful. You are unique. Here, we want to help you remember that.

If I can convey one message to you:
Healthy is Beautiful. Beautiful is not a size, not an age, and not a procedure. Healthy is beautiful."

“Beautiful” is celebrating the characteristics and qualities of your body, while nourishing and exercising
it to be as uniquely healthy and fit as only you can be. We are all created differently and I want you to stop trying to fit into a mold that someone else has defined as "beautiful". No one size will ever be accepted by everyone and it's important to accept that we are all different. I want you to be the best that you can be.

Your comments are welcome here, even if we don't agree. I appreciate all comments as long as they don't hurt others.

Always remember, life is too short to not live like a SuperModel!


Sunday, October 10, 2010

In the city that never sleeps, neither did I

        This has been a crazy week! I flew into NYC to participate in the NEDA walk last Sunday. The walk was fantastic and really inspiring! I met some amazing people and heard some really intense stories, but those stories remind me why I do what I do every single day. It’s just sad that people actually starve themselves to death and that there is very little out there in terms of treatment for people with eating disorders.
         The following day I had to take one of my best friends/gay boyfriend to the emergency room and I basically spent the rest of my week at the hospital with him or at his place walking him adorable dogs. They still don’t know what’s wrong with him and it’s a total nightmare. He’s in so much pain and things that I wanted to do this week had to take a back seat. I did manage to have a few meetings yesterday with Redbook, MTV and a women’s organization who’s interested in me speaking in NYC December 16. I also attended the kick off event for the NEDA last night and I spoke briefly there. 
          I’m flying back to Los Angeles now. I was so exhausted that I slept through my alarm clock and missed my car and my flight! But Continental took good care of me and I didn’t have to pay extra or anything. I just got on a later flight. 
          I should be in Los Angeles for about a week before going to Orlando for an event with Macy’s and then Toronto for fashion week, then back to LA for Love Your Body Day and Full Figured Fashion Week! Please pray for my sick friend! I know he’ll be okay, but I love him dearly and I have a lot of trouble moving forward when someone in my life needs me. 

1 comment:

  1. I love that you do work with NEDA. I used to have a notebook filled with pictures I cut out of magazines of superthin models. It was my "thinspiration" book, and anytime I got hungry I would flip through it until I could convince myself not to eat anything. I threw it away when you won ANTM! You're such an inspiration- Thank you for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete