Whitney Thompson; Plus-size supermodel, spokesperson for NEDA and creator of "Supermodel".

My goal is to encourage and inspire you to celebrate your miraculous, exquisite, and unique body. I want you to resist the negative messages being sold to you by the media. You are beautiful. You are unique. Here, we want to help you remember that.

If I can convey one message to you:
Healthy is Beautiful. Beautiful is not a size, not an age, and not a procedure. Healthy is beautiful."

“Beautiful” is celebrating the characteristics and qualities of your body, while nourishing and exercising
it to be as uniquely healthy and fit as only you can be. We are all created differently and I want you to stop trying to fit into a mold that someone else has defined as "beautiful". No one size will ever be accepted by everyone and it's important to accept that we are all different. I want you to be the best that you can be.

Your comments are welcome here, even if we don't agree. I appreciate all comments as long as they don't hurt others.

Always remember, life is too short to not live like a SuperModel!


Saturday, December 11, 2010

Bad Blogger

         I have decided that i am not very good at blogging. It’s such a commitment! I love it when I actually sit down and do it, but I think that i may be afraid of getting too good at it and having to spend every day in front of a computer. Alas, I am on a flight from Los Angeles to New York at the moment and it is absolutely riveting. There is a guy three rows back literally screaming at a flight attendant because he is “supposed” to be first class and he refuses to fly coach. He obviously has no class. Is there a seat for that? I find it rather convenient that he waited until we were at our cruising altitude to mention it to anybody. My guess is that this guy is a scam artist and not a very good one. The flight attendant held his ground after a full hour of arguments including a try at physically storming the upper cabins. I thought we were actually going to have to land the plane and get him off. I get first class, I get coach and it’s really not that big of a deal on domestic flights. The guy just looks like an ass to everyone in his cabin now. He should be ashamed. Funny though, my flight attendants recognized me and asked if I was “Whitney”. I smiled and said “yes”. Then one proceeded to tel me they were trying to set me up with the American Idol in first! LOL I thought that was really cute, but I’m not interested. Sweet, though. Maybe someone will start a dating airline soon. That’s kind of a great idea. You only have to fly with them and the date is over. I’d call the airline, “Connections”. 
        I’m flying to New York and driving to New Jersey to speak at a University in Ewing. I will write about this trip because I fly to Jacksonville on the 15th and I always blog when I fly. It makes me feel good to be able to accomplish something while sitting on my butt. I’m also reading a book on autism called, “Now I see the Moon”. My sister works with autistic children and I wanted to learn more about it. The book is written from a mother’s perspective and I am enjoying it very much so far. The author does bypass some juicy details about her own life but i have to remember that the book is not to entertain, it is also to teach. I am working on developing a necklace for my jewelry line that will benefit Autism Awareness. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Whitney,
    First of all, I’m a big fan! I am writing an article about the fashion industry in Jacksonville and the talent that has emerged from the city.
    I would love to speak to you for just a few minutes about Jacksonville and your career now.
    If you have just a moment, you can reach me at championmegan @ gmail.com – Just remove the spaces for you send.
    Thank you,
    Megan Champion
    www.MeganChampion.com

    ReplyDelete