Whitney Thompson; Plus-size supermodel, spokesperson for NEDA and creator of "Supermodel".

My goal is to encourage and inspire you to celebrate your miraculous, exquisite, and unique body. I want you to resist the negative messages being sold to you by the media. You are beautiful. You are unique. Here, we want to help you remember that.

If I can convey one message to you:
Healthy is Beautiful. Beautiful is not a size, not an age, and not a procedure. Healthy is beautiful."

“Beautiful” is celebrating the characteristics and qualities of your body, while nourishing and exercising
it to be as uniquely healthy and fit as only you can be. We are all created differently and I want you to stop trying to fit into a mold that someone else has defined as "beautiful". No one size will ever be accepted by everyone and it's important to accept that we are all different. I want you to be the best that you can be.

Your comments are welcome here, even if we don't agree. I appreciate all comments as long as they don't hurt others.

Always remember, life is too short to not live like a SuperModel!


Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fuller Woman's Expo, Detroit

              The Fuller Woman’s Expo was amazing! It was so empowering. I felt like I went to church! I am definitely going to get more involved in events like that, as long as my schedule will allot it. Everything that I did this week has made me really proud to be a part of the plus industry. 
         Kim Coles (from the TV show, Living Single) spoke for an hour and it was fantastic! She is so funny and relatable. I really got a lot out of her speech. It was on Gifts, but gifts is an acronym for gratitude, intention, forgiveness, triumphs, and self love. I could really relate to a lot of the things she said and she is a great public speaker, which is rare nowadays. I thoroughly enjoyed her presentation and it doesn’t hurt that she’s just as kind as she is adorable!
        I also got to sell my SuperModel candles directly to consumers, which I’ve never done before and it was so much fun (they are also sold on line at www.ShopSupermodel.com)! I really just wanted to show people the candles and how they work but everyone loved them so much that I sold out of them! It makes me really proud when people like my candles because I designed them, picked out the scents, named them, etc. They’re like my babies and I was so happy that everyone responded well to them. I think that I will start doing this more often. It really gave me a chance to connect with people. I like getting to know my fans and customers. I also gave a candle to Kim Coles and she really liked them. Everyone loves the candles once they try them, but everyone starts out a little confused because they are more than just a candle. It feels unnatural sticking your hand into wax, but my wax doesn’t get hot enough to burn. They are totally natural and you just rub the melted wax right into your skin! It’s so simple, but no one really understands until they try it. 
        Now I’m flying to Texas. I will be speaking on healthy body image September 29 at Texas Tech. My birthday is September 26, but I’m not really doing anything for it. It will be my first birthday away from my family and that makes me sad, but I will be with them over Thanksgiving and Christmas, so it’s not the end of the world.
        Also, I totally locked myself in the airplane bathroom and the lock jammed and I was stuck! So scary!!! And I had just helped an old couple put their luggage into the bins, so karma really screwed me on that one. LOL It’s okay, though. A flight attendant helped me pretty quickly. It’s good to know that they can fix that stuff from the other side. Alright, I’m going to munch on some Biscoff cookies (the best!) and hydrate. I think I’m getting sick.    

No comments:

Post a Comment